Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Art of Listening

I especially enjoyed this article. I think that many people should listen more than they speak. This man has experienced something that I would love to do. Africa has always fascinated me and I believe the people there have many stories to tell. Passing stories onto visitors and families creates an endless universe just like the author said. I think telling stories to children from when they are little also creates an endless amount of progress. Passing things on from generation to generation can really help people to listen all around the world.

To know a good story however, you must to research and understand where the person is coming from. Join into a conversation, and ask questions. I think most importantly however is to be there for others and really care when you listen. Providing good feedback and then passing the story on is great to feel and know that others think your story is important, or that you think their story is important. I think American stories are always too uptight, and I really like the idea that in Africa they mix their stories and have more fun with creating and telling the stories.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's awesome how they mix their stories in Africa too. I think it could be slightly confusing but I'd also enjoy being to able to listen to and hear one for myself.

    ReplyDelete