Wednesday, February 8, 2012

(De)Construction

Just like everyone else, I had no clue what I was going to break. I am a commuter so I have many things at home -- I just didn't know what to choose. Looking around my house I found a green whistle on a string. I chose the whistle because I went to a Halloween party with my friends this year and I was a referee. I did not have fun at all at this party. The whole time I was in a bad mood and just wanted to go home. By the end of the night all of the guys we went with got into a huge brawl... in a church parking lot. It was like 20 people no joke, and was ridiculous.

Looking back on that night, I wish I would have just stayed at home. I gave the costume back to my sister (it was hers to begin with), and the whistle was left. I took the whistle and smashed it during class trying to forget about the whole night. While deciding what to make of the pieces, I was babysitting my niece. I decided to glue the pieces into a heart and gave it to her. Seeing her face bright up was priceless I know she loved it. Now the whistle is gone and I don't have to keep looking at it and thinking of that awful night.

No comments:

Post a Comment